Schools‎ > ‎CCMS‎ > ‎

CCMS Facilities

Facilities 
 - click for larger image

Larger View




Clear Creek Middle School, located at 361 West Gatchell, is home to approximately 250 students and 56 staff members. The original log cabin school was built in 1881 and was located on Fort Street. In 1886 a brick building containing 4 rooms was completed at the cost of $15,000. In 1906 flames completely gutted the Buffalo Grade school.  After the fire, classes were held in the court house where students had a vacation when court was in session. Reconstruction was completed and classes were held at that site until 2007.  In February of that year fifth grade through eighth grade moved to the newly built Clear Creek Middle School on West Gatchell.  By fall of 2008 the school housed sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.

Students at Clear Creek Middle School benefit from well-lit classrooms and hallways. Classrooms are equipped with technology, such as smart boards, that encourage the integration of technology into content areas. Several computer labs allow teachers to have entire classes on a computer at one time. 

Athletic teams and PE classes have large “green” areas for practice and athletic competitions such as football games. The gymnasium sports a large, well lit playing area for students. Cooperation between Buffalo High School and Clear Creek Middle School benefits middle school students as the high school auditorium is used for band and choir concerts and the two gymnasiums at BHS have been used for tournaments in basketball, volleyball and wrestling.

Overall, the facilities at Clear Creek Middle School provide students with an environment that is conducive to learning. Continual maintenance and projects ensure that Clear Creek Middle School will meet the needs of the children of Buffalo for many years to come.